Saturday, August 31, 2013

Boot Strings Watercolor by Deborah Flood

 

Boot strings Medium Web view

Boot Strings 22 x 16 inches Watercolor on 300lb Arches Paper.

Boot Strings is now finished and listed on my website http://www.debfloodart.com

You can find it listed under “Figurative Works” in the Portfolio of Works section of the website.

A year ago, I saw a young woman playing a Mandolin. That Mandolin was just breathtaking, against her dark dress. I started this painting, before I left for my Museum Exhibit in El Paso, Texas. I hadn’t really decided on a background at that time, so I only had the woman started. When I got home, the Western Landscape had such a huge influence on me, that I realized that is what I needed for a background in this painting. I added the strings on the boots, to help play out the title and the Mandolin.

Thank you for reading, and if you have any questions about this painting, or any others, don’t hesitate to contact me!

~Deborah

http://www.debfloodart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment