Thursday, July 11, 2013

Nymphaea #2, Original plein air, impressionist watercolor by Rhoda Sterling

The purple and blue water lilies rest on the surface of the water, opening with the sunrise and closing with the evening chill. Ancient Egyptians also believed in the magical, life-giving properties of the water lily, and considered that it had a role in the rite of passage into the afterlife. I am drawn to it as a blossom that brings energy to my painting.
Watercolor • 9 x 12 unframed • available

I painted this and an earlier Nymphaea posted yesterday on this blog) on the same day at the Chicago Botanic Garden, one of my favorite sources of inspiration.

Please visit my other paintings at my CFAI Gallery, or see them at my own website rsterlingartist.com.
Contact me through my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment