Saturday, November 2, 2013

News Update and Dragon Boat Painting by Minnesota Mixed Media Artist Terry Honstead


Gosh, it has been so long since I have posted anything, I am not even sure if I know how to do it anymore!  (That is REALLY bad!!)  My life has just been crazy this past year.  If it could have happened, it probably did!  Anyway, I just got done with the yearly studio cruise and it was lots of fun and very successful considering that I now live way out in the country, instead of right in town!  I believe there were about 26 artists that opened their studios to the public this year.

Even though I have not been posting, I have still been painting.  This past summer I taught myself how to do encaustics and that was a lot of fun.  I made all of my own paints since it is much cheeper that way.  I even had some pretty good results on some of my paintings!  I should post of them one of these days, but to do it right, I should explain everything and I do not have the time right now.  They are so much harder to photograph than my other paintings.

This Dragon Boat is a painting that I should have finished a long time ago, but other things kept getting in the way.  I finished it today and am really happy with how it turned out.  It is a 15 x 12 in. watercolor, done on Arches 140# watercolor paper.   You can find it online at terry-honstead.artistwebsites.com  or email me about it at honstead@paulbunyan.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment