Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Untitled Landscape Painting by Minnesota Mixed Media Artist Terry Honstead

Why is it that when you try to photograph a light picture, especially with light blues and grays, it always comes out dull and dingy looking?  I like this painting so far, and I have a long way to go, but I am liking the way the sunrise just glows and the trees look like they were hit by the rising sun.  It is another tribute to my life and family, and is a common sight at my house!  Especially this winter.  Snow is deep here and everyone is getting tired of the cold weather.  Spring cannot come soon enough!  One more thing I should probably say about this painting is that the beige color on the snowshoes is not from painting, but is from a resist that I used to keep those areas from being painted as I did the background.  Instead of a masking fluid from and art store, I used "Tear Mender" which is a lot cheaper and actually lasts longer than the traditional ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment