Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Solo Exhibit in the International Museum of Art of El Paso, Texas. Debbie Flood

At the cross roads progress Large Web view

At the cross roads, 20 x 28.5 inches Watercolor in Progress.

This watercolor was started today, early in the morning, and I worked all day on it, getting as many hours as I could on it.

Last week I was invited to have a Solo Exhibit at the International Museum of Art of El Paso, Texas! I’ve been asked to have 20 –40 large paintings, for sometime in 2013. I’m shooting for at least 30 paintings and am going to strive for 40. They have two large gallery rooms they wish to fill with my horse art! I’ve been so excited to have this opportunity. It was so out of the blue for me!

I had recently had three works in the Museum’s Sun Bowl Exhibit 2011, and won the “President’s Award” during that exhibit. The board discussed how they like my horses, and decided to invite me to a solo exhibit!

So, I will be creating a lot of new work. I also hope to go out there, during the exhibit, to see it for myself! It almost doesn’t feel real. The Museum will be calling me this week, to confirm a date for this exhibit.

~Debbie

http://www.debfloodart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment