Sunday, October 2, 2011

"Sunrise Majesty" contemporary equine watercolor painting by Texas artist , Linda Bein

"Sunrise Majesty"
watercolor
22"x30"
$1395
To inquire contact Linda at Lindaabein@gmail.com.
This watercolor painting was started on 140 pound arches cold press paper using winsor newton transparent watercolor and saran wrap.  You place the saran wrap on wet paint and it leaves spaces and lines.  After it is dry you look at it and wonder, "what on earth have I done this time?"  It doesn't look like anything.  After turning it around and looking at it several days or weeks you imagine something on the paper.  This turned out to be a horse.  I could not decide what to name this work so I asked my students.  I combined their suggestions of sunrise and majestic.

No comments:

Post a Comment