Saturday, August 27, 2011

Waiting on a Prayer, Taos New Mexico Church with Burro. Watercolor by Debbie Flood

 Waiting on a Prayer Medium Web view

Waiting on a Prayer 10 x 12 inch Watercolor on 300lb Arches Watercolor Paper. Inquiries may come to my email at debflood@debfloodart.com thank you.

The Taos, NM Church Watercolor Painting is finally finished.

I’ve returned from Sedona, Arizona and the Invitational Group Exhibit Lamingtons And Apple Pie at the Sedona Arts Center. I have to say, the work in that exhibit was wonderful!

The Red Rocks of Sedona was anything but amazing! Very gorgeous and inspirational Landscape there. As you have probably guessed, I took more than a lot of photographs.

I also took a day to visit the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. That sure is one big hole in the ground! ha ha….and quite spectacular.

Half a day was spent on a horse back ride through some of the Arizona desert, where Jack Rabbits and Cotton Tail rabbits seemed to watch us plod along. That ride was followed by a wagon ride, pulled by two beautiful black Percherons, up to the cook shack, where we were fed an awesome Breakfast of Cowboy eggs, sausage gravy, and home made biscuits that were cooked in a coal pit! Our view was filled with an over look of the Country that laid around us. And the Moon that we all share, was watching over us, in the morning sky.

Another day, I took a drive to Prescott, home of the Phippen Western Art Museum. I was nothing but inspired by that Museum and ready to paint, after viewing the amazing large oils, pastels and watercolors that graced the walls there. I was deeply moved by each artist’s work on display, of cattle, horses and the Western way of life.

I also had some magical and spiritual visions of the Landscape while in Prescott, and I am sure this will be reflected in the paintings that will come in the near future.

Yes, it was an experience that I will carry with me, and will be implemented in my future works.

I love my journey I am on, exploring myself and this world through the amazing beauty of painting, and being able to share that with you.

~Debbie

http://www.debfloodart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment